Dinghy & MFOB Events – 10th August 2024 (morning)
Cruiser Sailing Events – 24th August 2024 (morning)
There are 6 different classes which include Smacks and Cruisers, so there is a suitable class for any yacht to enter. The River Blackwater is literally full of boats!
Sailing Instructions and Start Times are published in the Regatta Programme, you can purchase a download of this or printed copies are available in local shops.
The Dinghy Sailing Events and the MFOB Race takes place on Cobmarsh Marathon day, 10th August 2024 in the morning.
For many sailors, this is the only race they will do in the year, giving them an opportunity to compare their performance against other similar boats.
All 2023 Regatta Trophies for the Cobmarsh, Sailing and Watersports Events should be returned to MarineStore Wyatts by Friday 26th July 2024.
Dinghy & MFOB Events - Entry £5
Saturday 10th August 2024
Low Water: 10.17 | High Water: 16.22
09. Slow Handicap Dinghies for The Anthony Buck Cup
Sea Ranger Trophy for the first Sea Ranger
Admiral Wyatt Challenge Cup for the first Topper
White Hart Plate for the first Laser 4.7.
The M & M Wheeler Challenge Cup. For the first Optimist
Class Flag ‘Q’ | Start 09:30 | ENTER ONLINE
10. Medium Handicap Dinghies for The Verle Cup
James Banks Cup for first Laser Radial
Class Flag ‘R’ | Start 09:40 | ENTER ONLINE
11. Fast Handicap Dinghies for The Stafford Knight Cup
Class Flag ‘T’ | Start 09:50 | ENTER ONLINE
08. Handicap Dinghies for Mersea Fisherman’s Open Boats*
Fast Division for The Oswald Lewis Challenge Cup
Slow Division for The Gladys and Ed Wyatt Trophy.
The Wyatt Cup for the first ex-working boat not winning another trophy.
The Pinky Hewes Memorial Trophy for first over the start line.
* Note: Strictly for open boats with NO decking and to be sailed under M.F.O.B. Class. Rules and handicapping. Rules available on request from David Cope 07764 559380.
Class Flag ‘M’ | Start 10:00 | ENTER ONLINE
The Jubilee Trophy will be awarded to the competitor in any event with the largest winning margin.
Smack, IRC & Cruiser Events - Entry £10
Saturday 24th August 2024
Low Water: 10.10 | High Water: 16.15
01. Handicap for IRC 2021 Rates Sports Boats for The John Wood Challenge Cup
Class Flag ‘A’ | Start 09:30 | ENTER ONLINE
02. Handicap for Class 2 Smacks and Bawleys for The Bobby Stoker Challenge Cup
Second vessel on corrected time – The Unity Trophy.
1938 Mersea Quarters Cup for the most traditionally sailed smack or bawley.
The Gowen Ocean Trophy for the first smack or bawley over the finish line.
Traditional sails only – see Sailing Instructions for further guidance
Class Flag ‘B’ | Start 09:40 | ENTER ONLINE
03. Handicap for Classic Yachts* – ‘Fast Division’ for The Riis Trophy
East Coast One Design Class for The Liferaft Hire Challenge Tankard.
Paddy Hare Trophy to the most elegant Classic Yacht in ‘Fast’ or ‘Slow’ divisions.
Notes: * see revised definition of a ‘Classic Yacht’ in Sailing Instruction 2 (d)
Class Flag ‘C’ | Start 09:50 | ENTER ONLINE
04. Handicap for Classic Yachts* – ‘Slow Division’ for The J R Crouch Coronation Challenge Cup
East Anglian Trophy** for the first Bermudan rigged Classic Yacht designed or built in this country, of less than 33 ft. length on deck not winning another prize.
** Please indicate on entry form if eligible.
Handicap for the Atalanta Class for The Atalanta Cup.
Handicap for ‘Slow’ LH cruisers for The S.B. Wheeler Challenge Cup.
Open Handicap for small Gaff-Rigged Yachts for The Pearson Porthole Trophy.
The Nonsuch Trophy for the first Nonsuch on handicap.
Class Flag ‘D’ | Start 10:00 | ENTER ONLINE
05. Handicap for White Sail Cruisers for The Gowen Plate
Class Flag ‘E’ | Start 10:10 | ENTER ONLINE
06. National Sonata O.D Class for The Sadler Trophy
Class Flag ‘F’ | Start 10:20 | ENTER ONLINE
07. Handicap for ‘Fast’ LH Cruisers for The Lewis Powell Challenge Cup
Class Flag ‘G’ | Start 10:30 | ENTER ONLINE
Sailing Photos 2023
by Martin Wade